Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday Snapshot - Rose

I figured I should take a few photos of Valentine's Day roses before they faded away and wound up in the compost pile.   Lovely, aren't they?    The compost pile isn't really as bad as it sounds.  It's far better than the landfill.  Right now, it's just not so nice to think that this beautiful flower will one day end up being combined with banana peels, egg shells, coffee grounds and other crap and eventually be fed to my daylilies.  ;) 


























Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Alyce of At Home With Books. To participate – post a picture that you've taken (or one taken by a friend, or a family member) then add your link on Alyce’s site using Mr. Linky.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the picture of the single rose. Really nice definition.

    I did a Valentine's post too: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2012/02/saturday-snapshot-valentine-flowers.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a classic red rose! Aren't compost piles great? We have one in our back yard too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful red rose! I didn't get any flowers this year, but the chocolates and cozy pj's I got suited me perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photo of the beautiful rose!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Mette

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is gorgeous! I think it's rather nice to know it will help feed other flowers some day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I so love flowers, even if they end up on the compost heap! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your roses are gorgeous and the scent of fresh cut roses amazing. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a gardener so for me that's a stunning shot. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!