Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday Snapshot - Hoar Frost

For the past few mornings, we've woken up to some beautiful hoar frost on the trees.  These photos don't do it justice at all. Near the highway, all of the trees were beautifully covered and looking spectacular. However, I was too lazy to walk (or drive) there to get a shot, so I settled for the evergreen tree at the end of the driveway. The rest of the trees in our yard had already lost the frost to the sun. Despite it's frosty appearance, it was actually quite lovely and pretty mild out this morning.



















Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Alyce of At Home With Books. To participate – post a picture that you've taken (or one taken by a friend, or a family member) then add your link on Alyce’s site using Mr. Linky.

9 comments:

  1. Isn't that beautiful? Very seasonal and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so pretty! They look like they've been dipped in sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, like frozen lace! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. It looks like someone sprayed flocking on the trees. We rarely get hoar frost here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an amazing amount of frost and very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! I have always loved the frost on bushes and trees. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is gorgeous. It's been so warm here, it's hard for me to imagine it being cold somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where in Manitoba are you? I am from the capital originally but have never heard of your city. these photos are lovely. I always like the trees covered in snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, it took me so long to answer. I missed that your comment was in moderation. Anyway, I'm about 15 minutes west of Winnipeg, around St. Francois Xavier. Cartier isn't a city or even a town, it's a rural municipality. That's probably why you haven't heard of it. ;)

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!