Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday Snapshot - Winter is all gone...for now

Last week, I posted a two photos of our wintery yard and a forecast of spring-like weather. Well, that weather showed up alright! It was wonderful...and still is. I didn't really keep track, but I'm sure we broke all kinds of records. Tomorrow is supposed to be the hottest day at 28C/82F. That's unheard of in March. I don't know what the record high was for that day, but for all of March, the record high is 16.6 (March 23, 2000). I think it's safe to say we'll break that record.

Anyway, here are the photos of the back yard and front yard (taken around 3:30pm today):
























If you missed the wintery photos last week, click here.   Living on the Canadian prairies means that winter can strike back at any time.  I think we're all holding our collective breaths and hoping that this really is spring and that winter doesn't show up again until later this year...sometime in October or November.   I, for one, won't be letting out that breath until mid-May. 

Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Alyce of At Home With Books. To participate – post a picture that you've taken (or one taken by a friend, or a family member) then add your link on Alyce’s site using Mr. Linky.

9 comments:

  1. Ah, I can't wait for spring to get here too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, all the snow is gone. It's supposed to be warm tomorrow here in Ontario too. I can't wait :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a difference a few days can make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is crazy warm weather for March! We're having our normal Oregon rain storms here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet that back yard is so pretty when all the leaves are on the trees. Great shots

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll keep my fingers crossed that Springtime continues to make its way to your back yard! It's time for daffodils and crocus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's like summer here - the grass is green and the flowers are blooming and budding. We broke down and turned our air conditioner on last week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We skipped spring and went right to summer this week. I'm hoping some of that warm air finds its way up to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never been a winter person (hence my moving to the Sonoran Desert). Those trees look as though they're waiting to burst into leaf!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!