Saturday, April 7, 2012

Saturday Snapshot - Bathroom Renovations - Before and After

At long last, the bathroom renovations are complete!  It was a very stressful process and I'm so glad it's done.  We still haven't bought any accessories or towels for either bathroom.  Hence, the mismatched towels and ugly bathmat.  Anyway, here are the before and after photos. 

This is the main bathroom on the second floor of the house. It went from a three piece to a four piece.  Major improvement!



This first photo was taken just as demo was taking place.  In the alcove, the vanity and large mirror have already been removed.  







New walk-in shower.













Old tub.  









New tub. Ignore the fact that the drawers on the linen tower (right) are a bit wonky. They still need some adjustments.







Old toilet.









New double sinks.

















Here are the before and after photos of the small bathroom on the main floor. It, too, went from a three piece to a four piece. These ones will be a little harder to appreciate because the bathroom is so small it was hard to get in there and take decent shots.   Also, the colour is off because of the lighting. 

In the old bathroom, you walked directly into the shower. 













The new bathroom with improved layout.













Old toilet and sink. Isn't that floor awful?  The grout was beyond dirty and the tiles were laid unevenly.  Yuck. 







New shower and jetted tub.

























That's it.   Overall, I'm happy with the results.  I'm glad we don't have to do it again any time soon.

Saturday Snapshot is hosted by Alyce of At Home With Books. To participate – post a picture that you've taken (or one taken by a friend, or a family member) then add your link on Alyce’s site using Mr. Linky.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the renovation! It looks like it was an incredible amount of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job - yes, I hate having work done in the house, but lovely when it is done, and you are satisfied with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never live through a renovation, so I applaud you. Such a large bathroom -- enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow they look fantastic. Great job on both bathrooms. Do you wanna come and help me with mine? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with both bathrooms. They look fantastic, congrats.
    I don't like having work done in the house either, but I love it when it's done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks very nice! When I saw your picture of your old bath tub, I couldn't imagine you would want to replace that nice tub. Then when I scrolled down and saw the new one, I was really impressed. Wow, really, really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great improvement. I really like the tile work in the downstairs bathroom.

      Delete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!