Sunday, May 6, 2012

365 project - 18th week

Here are my photos for the 18th week of my 365 project. I'm rapidly losing the desire to finish this project. It's not that I'm totally unhappy with the results I'm getting, it's just taking a lot of time each day to get a shot. It's also mentally draining to be constantly looking for something new to shoot.  

It's not just that.  In order to succeed, I need to be inspired.  The most inspiring thing for me is to look at other's work as well as get feedback on my own work.  That sometimes takes more time than taking the shot itself.  I'm been neglecting that for awhile now and I really see my motiviation slipping and guilt about not doing so increasing.  I think about quitting every day.   :(

So, it wasn't a great week for photography, but I did manage to stay away from other people's edits and only use what was available on Photoshop Elements. On photo #7, I used an online texture photo for the background. Even though it wasn't my own or something that was already in PSE, I'm not counting that. ;) My favourites are 3,5, and 7.
Stem on 365 Project Abstract #5 on 365 Project Time-less on 365 Project Rings on 365 Project Water Drop on 365 Project Anticipation on 365 Project Primed on 365 Project

Clicking on the photos will take you to larger versions and explanations on the 365 Project website.

For more of my 365 project:
My 365 project page.
My 365 project set on Flickr.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I hear you on the need to be inspired. I was thinking of doing the 365 project but I didn't think I could stay motivated every day for an entire year. I may do a one month project of garden photos this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All brilliant Marie - today I am going to choose the apple, the bubbles and the rhubarb. I love the way the rhubarb is still wearing the soil from its emergence out of the earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great series and great work as always, Marie.
    My favorites are 1,2,5 and 6.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!