Monday, November 5, 2012

365 Project - 42nd week

Argh!! I managed to get a few weeks behind again. I know posting several in a row isn't that great for anyone, so I'm going to spread them out a little. I told you I'd be taking more photos of those mushrooms from week 40 if they were still around. So far so good. I have one this week and another next week.

Now that the end of the project is near, I find myself just going through the motions to finish up. I don't spend nearly enough time on taking the photos or in post-processing. When I started this project, though, I didn't realize it was going to take so much time every day. One photo a day doesn't sound like much, but finding good subjects, taking good photos and then post-processing the photos all take time. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this blog when the year is up. I'll have to give it some thought.

Here are my photos for the 42nd week of my 365 project:

Solarized Silicone Brush Nut Kisses Dark-eyed Junco Face Copper Top Mushrooms

The "portrait" photo was an experiment I tried after seeing it on one of the photography websites I follow.  For my first try, I think it turned out ok.  I clearly need more practice in Photoshop Elements.

Clicking on the photos will take you to larger versions on Flickr. I've yet to add any explanations on there, though.  If you want more of an explanation on any of them, just ask...either here or over on Flickr.  ;)
 
For more of my 365 project:
My 365 project page (January 1, 2012 - July 17, 2012).
My 365 project set on Flickr.

2 comments:

  1. I adore that silicone brush - something almost unworldly about it.
    The portrait is great - I am unable to do things like that with picmonkey - it looks great and fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mushrooms and of course the portrait!
    Wish I soon could figure out how to use Photoshop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!