Sunday, April 6, 2014

SkyWatch Friday - Cartier, Manitoba, Canada - Hello, Spring?

 
I had hoped to get out of the neighbourhood and into some different scenery, but it didn't happen.  So, it's another photo of the backyard.   If you look closely, you can see a distinct line near the bottom of the big tree on the left.  That line was left by the Assiniboine River Flood - 2011.   All of the trees in our yard (and those of our neighbours) have similar markings.  The water was at that level for 5 months!!!   Luckily our house had some flood proofing done, so most of the damage occurred in the yard and driveway.  Anyway,  I could go on about that flood for days, but I'll leave it there.  

Perhaps next week I'll actually leave the yard to take a photo.  ;)

For more photos of the sky from all over the world, Skywatch Friday.

1 comment:

Thanks so much for your comment. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately, I've been getting lots of spam comments, so I'm turning on word verification to help keep spammers away. I know it's a pain; I don't like it either. Hopefully, in time I'll be able to turn it off again. Thank you!